Who are we?
WE ARE: a community-based response to community needs, working with the diverse communities to bring about creative solutions.
- WE ARE: dedicated to vulnerable and homeless youth. We are called to offer programs and services to guide and equip youth for success and enhance their quality of life. Our services are designed to meet individual needs.
- WE ARE: welcoming to everyone; we work to establish a non-threatening, non-judgemental and supportive environment. We love every youth who walks through our doors, indiscriminately and unconditionally, regardless of where they have been and where they are at today.
- WE ARE: always there; Cyrus Centre strives to be a ministry of “being there”. We are available for service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- WE ARE: about relationships with youth, families, landlords, supporters, and the community.
Cyrus Centre Ministries’ vision for youth is that they:
- Always have a safe place to go and receive support;
- Be free from all forms of exploitation;
- Have a roof, without exception, in a safe and supportive environment;
- Are empowered and equipped through love, support, encouragement, life skills and acceptance to meet life’s challenges with success.
Showing The Love Of God To Youth And Families
Statement of Values:
- We value the diverse uniqueness of everyone we serve and strive to help them reach their full potential.
- We value the right of everyone to experience safety, acceptance and to belong to a caring community.
Message from the Executive Director
It is a privilege to be a part of such a great team of dedicated, committed and caring people. Our team is equally diverse as the population we serve, offering up hands and hearts to those we serve and making a difference in our communities. – Les Talvio
Board of Directors
Message from the Board of Directors
Cyrus Centre Ministries exists as a compassionate response to youth in need, supported and funded by churches, businesses, service clubs and individuals in the Fraser Valley. For many years, Cyrus Centre Ministries has maintained its commitment to vulnerable and homeless youth by “Showing the love of God to youth and families.” The fulfillment, maintenance, empowerment and oversight of this vision have been possible through the diligent care of the Board of Directors.
The Cyrus Centre Ministries’ Board of Directors explicitly assumes responsibility for stewardship of the non-profit organization and, through its committees; the Board carries out its function as proxy for youth, employees, government, community partners and donors. Working in unison with Cyrus Centre Ministries’ Management, the Board establishes policies and procedures. This dialogue between Management and the Board ensures a congruence of objective, standards and accountability.